Sunday, April 3, 2011

Gijinka Challenge: Hydreigon

I sent out a mass text last Thursday for random Pokémon for me to Gijinka (which is the practice of turning an animal, often a Poke, into a person, keeping elements of their designpresent. This is DIFFERENT from Pokémorphs in that Morphs are actually biological hybrids of people and Pokes, and Gijinka are either just costumed humans or exist in a world where there are only Gijinka, and not people or Pokémon).

So, playing White as I have, I've come to rather love just a few of the new guys. Predictably, Hydreigon is one of my favorites, an excellent Dragon/Dark type:

So when Kim shot a text to turn this bad boy into a Gijinka, I was like OMFGYESPLZ and gave it my best shot. Since I originally didn't have any pictures a Hydreigon in front of me (I was in linguistics tutorial and had already finished the course evaluation), I had to do it from memory.
So, first draft:
However, I came home, slept on it, and the next day, while watching a livestream by BechnoKid (WHO IS AWESOME AT GIJINKA GO CHECK OUT <3), I got all inspired and decided to do this one better.
So, Hydreigon Mark II:
Sadly, I have no working scanner and no coloring programs at the dorm, so I have no way to color it except pencil crayons. I will post if I do do that, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment